Training and Education for the Community and Providers
Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP®)
The Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP®) is a personalized wellness system born out of and rooted in the principle of self-determination. WRAP® is a wellness and recovery approach that helps people increase personal empowerment, improve quality of life, and achieve their own life goals and dreams
- Based on the idea that we are each experts on ourselves and have multiple paths to wellness
- A mutual-learning model based on self-determination
- Complementary with any lifestyle and any therapy we choose
- Not based on any philosophy or model but can incorporate any philosophy or model
- Focused on strengths and potential
Who could use WRAP?
- Anyone who wants to increase their enjoyment in life or create positive changes in the way they feel.
- Anyone who wants to achieve wellness despite deep sadness, arthritis, addictions, job loss, diabetes, burnout, etc.
Introduction to Recovery-Oriented Mental Health Services
This training is for all providers who interact with individuals receiving mental health services. Gain a foundation for offering strengths-based services that promote self-efficacy and empowerment.
- Gain a basic understanding of Pennsylvania’s “A Call for Change” document
- Learn Pennsylvania’s definition of recovery
- Understand the differences between the traditional and the recovery-oriented mental health services
- Distinguish the functions of staff, individuals, and family members in recovery models or care
- Identify ways the mental health system and society stigmatizes individuals with mental illnesses
- Gain knowledge of the basic domains that characterize recovery-oriented services
- Identify actions which support recovery
- Recognize and use people-first language