About Recovery InSight, Inc.
It is our mission to be involved in the process of making positive changes in people’s lives by providing support with the highest integrity and compassion to individuals working towards recovery, by individuals in recovery, with similar experiences.
It is our vision to focus on the person and not the illness.
It is our desire to create a one-to-one, supportive relationship with the person we are mentoring in recovery.
Our vision is to provide peer support services that focus on the person and not their mental illness. We will earn our peers’ enthusiasm through continued improvement driven by integrity, teamwork and mutual respect. We will become the most proactive and inspiring peer support service in Pennsylvania.
Our Guiding Principles
- Develop understanding of peer support services through mutually respectful, trusting relationships with shared responsibilities
- Offer hope to individuals that recovery is not only possible but probable
- Promote empowerment, self-determination, self-awareness, resilience, and the development and utilization of personal wellness tools through mentoring and service coordination supports
- Achieve personal wellness and cope with stressors and barriers encountered during the recovery journey
- Support individual choice and active involvement in the recovery process
- Provide opportunities and encouragement that supports individual choice regarding living, learning, working, and social interaction in the community
- Provide self-directed, person-centered, and recovery-focused support
- Facilitate the development of recovery skills
- Support self-advocacy, education, development of natural supports, and active engagement in employment or other meaningful activity of the individual’s choosing
- Promote the development and utilization of Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP®) to avoid crisis or hospitalization
- Educate effective utilization of the mental health services;
- Coordination of and linkage to other service providers
- Recognize, respect and accommodate differences as they relate to age, culture/ethnicity/race, religion, gender identity/expression and sexual orientation
- Support individual human rights and work to eliminate discrimination and stigma